Are you thinking of having your home‘s siding replaced? Maybe you’re building a new home and want to choose the right siding. Well, Premier Exteriors & Design, a 5–star rated and fully insured greater MA exterior remodeling company, is here to help. Our motto at Premier Exteriors & Design is: “No 3-hour demos, no hard sell sale tactics, no BS, no kidding”. We’re here to provide you with the facts about the different types of siding and the pros and cons of each. Let’s get started!
Vinyl siding is the most popular and affordable siding option for homes. It’s available in many colors and styles, making it a great option for customizing the look of your home. Here are the pros and cons of vinyl siding:
- Pros: It is the most popular choice of siding for MA homes, for good reason! Vinyl siding is low maintenance, durable, and cost-effective.
- Cons: Vinyl siding can be prone to damage from extreme weather, such as hail and high winds.
Fiber Cement Siding
Fiber cement siding is becoming increasingly popular due to its durability and fire resistance. It’s also low maintenance and can be customized in a variety of styles and colors. Here are the pros and cons of fiber cement siding:
- Pros: Fiber cement siding is durable, fire resistant, and low maintenance. It can also be customized to look like other materials, such as wood.
- Cons: Fiber cement siding is expensive, and it’s difficult to install. It also can be prone to cracking and warping over time.
Wood SidingWood siding is a classic option that has been used for centuries. It adds a natural, timeless look to any home. Here are the pros and cons of wood siding:
- Pros: Wood siding is aesthetically pleasing and customizable. It’s also relatively easy to install and repair.
- Cons: Wood siding can be prone to damage from extreme weather and pests. It also requires more maintenance than other types of siding.
Stucco siding has been used for centuries and is still popular today. It’s durable and can be customized in a variety of colors and textures. Here are the pros and cons of stucco siding:
- Pros: Stucco siding is durable and customizable. It’s also fire-resistant and energy efficient.
- Cons: Stucco siding is expensive and difficult to install. It can also be prone to cracking and chipping over time. Since we live in a region that experiences all four seasons, we don’t typically recommend using stucco for the entirety of your MA home.
Call Premier Exteriors for Your Next Siding Project
At Premier Exteriors & Design, we understand how important it is to choose the right siding for your home. That’s why we take the time to provide you with the facts about the different types of siding and the pros and cons of each. We want you to make an informed decision about your siding project. If you have any questions or would like to talk to us about your next project, don’t hesitate to call us at 413-207-6074. We look forward to hearing from you!